Monday, January 1, 2007

Consolidating random thoughts

I had like 5 posts today, and had more to gripe about, so I'm just throwing them all together into random thoughts:

Jim Valvano = greatest ACC coach ever.
David Thompson = greatest ACC player ever.

Lloyd Carr can apparently take you close to the top, only to fail miserably when you get there.

I hate Fox's broadcasting style. First off, they build 18 stories around the game, as if they are trying to bring in non-sports fans, who are probably all watching Heroes or something. In the process of showing these back stories, they use bullshit camera editing tricks and get random students to tell pieces of the story. They're like the VH1 of major athletics.

It seems that it's safer to be a rapper than a football star these days. Seriously though, tragic, tragic story.

The Carolina Panthers should draft USC Wide Receiver Steve Smith.

Marquette is my sleeper pick for the final four. Usually when I predict these things, said team falls to shit, so I'm not going to specify NCAA or NIT.

My prediction for NC State Basketball; 16-14, (6-10)
Next year: 21-9 (9-7)

No comments: